Hawk’s Landing Golf Club at Orlando World Center Marriott
It’s official. Foot Golf has come to Orlando. Hawk’s Landing Golf Club at the Orlando World Center Marriott has added one of the country’s fastest growing sports to its impressive list of amenities, which already includes an 18 hole Bob Cupp designed golf course that winds through the 200 acre property, a golf academy run by top 100 instructor Bill Madonna, a huge modern practice facility with chipping greens practice bunkers and covered hitting bays, and that’s just at the golf club.
Waitaminute – what the heck is Foot Golf? Simply put, if you combine soccer with golf, you get foot golf. The resort has laid out a course with 21-inch holes that blend in with the existing golf course so that it doesn’t interfere with golf, and players kick a soccer ball around the course while avoiding sand and water just like golfers do until they hole out. Foot golf is played with a regulation soccer ball and players can play 6 or 18 holes. Play is scheduled every Tuesday and Saturday after 4:30PM and costs $25 for adults and $12.50 for juniors and includes soccer balls and golf carts to ride around.
If Foot Golf isn’t for you or you would rather play regular golf, Hawk’s Landing Golf Club is a fantastic choice. Despite being wrapped around the huge resort complex, the 6600 yard par 71 layout never feels like it was shoehorned into a tight area around the other resort amenities. This course was not an after thought and wasn’t built to just say they had a golf course at the resort. Hawk’s Landing Golf Club is a focal point at the Orlando World Center Marriott. While you are well within the resort boundaries and many of the resort’s rooms and facilities are visible from the course, it still almost feels like you can disconnect and get away when you play a round of golf here. They’ve found a nice balance between golf and the rest of the resort.
Speaking of the rest of the resort, here’s a short list of the amenities that await resort guests and members:
- Hawk’s Landing GC – 18 hole Championship Bob Cupp designed golf course
- Bill Madonna Golf Academy and learning center
- Falls Pool Oasis – ranked one of the “World’s coolest hotel pools” by Forbes, a pair of 200-foot slides, splash zone for kids with zero entry pool and playground, 564000 gallon main pool, poolside bar and grill
- The GRID – Gaming Recreational Interactive Destination – Where gamers can play everything from the classic arcade games to XBOX, PlayStation, Wii, iPads and more
- 4 night-lit tennis courts, 2 beach volleyball courts, basketball court
- 4000 sq/ft fitness center open 24 hours a day, including Cybex equipment, 21 cardio machines and free weights
- Spa, offering all the usual services such as aromatherapy, mani/pedi, facials, massage, private spa pool, whirlpool and steam room
- Over 2000 guest rooms with premium bedding, down comforters, high speed wired and wireless internet. Rooms range from about 500 sq/ft to the 1875 sq/ft Presidential Suite and even more luxurious International Suite
- 9 Restaurants offering food choices from all over the world
The Orlando World Center Marriott is an impressive property. Given its stature among Orlando’s best resorts with guests coming from all over the world to visit, you would think the locals couldn’t help but feel a little left out. However, Hawk’s Landing offers memberships! For a price, local residents can enjoy all the resort’s facilities whenever they want. Now that sounds more like it! Too bad I don’t live closer or I might have taken a hard look at that for myself!
As a vacation destination, Orlando is a worldwide family favorite. When listing Orlando’s best resorts, the Orlando World Center Marriott always seems to be in the top 5. The top notch accommodations, extensive amenities and prime location close to all the theme parks and nightlife makes this place a winner in my book.
To book your own vacation, visit Orlando World Center Marriott for more information.
One thought on “Hawk’s Landing Golf Club at Orlando World Center Marriott”
I think I’ll stick w/ “Disc” Golf. 🙂