8 Christmas Gift Ideas For Last Minute Shoppers
Christmas is almost here, and if you are like me, you still haven’t done your shopping yet. Shipping cutoffs are approaching fast and the stores are packed with last minute shoppers. If there is a golfer on your gift list, here are a few suggestions that you may be interested in…
- HIRZL Gloves – There are several things Switzerland is famous for making well. A few products that come to mind are chocolate, watches, Swiss army knives and golf gloves. Wait, what? Hirzl gloves are the real deal. They are a premium golf glove that provides superior grip in all conditions and durability that surpasses all other gloves on the market. Made with a mix of Kangaroo and Cabretta leather, they are worth every penny. Street price: $25 – Visit their website for more information.
- IJP Designs Apparel – Most everyone that follows the professional tours knows Ian Poulter. Americans know him mostly as the guy that wears flashy pants and keeps kicking their asses at the Ryder Cup. His apparel company has made great inroads in the US market, and IJP offers a complete line of shirts, pants (or trousers if you prefer the Queen’s English), shorts, belts and more. The line features classic designs along side the more darling paterns, and there should be something for just about everyone. Visit ijpdesign.com for more.
- Slammin’ Sam Beer – A new venture, Slammin’ Sam Beer Company holds an exclusive, worldwide license with the estate of Sam Snead. Slammin’ Sam is a craft-brewed American lager with a refreshing taste and balanced finish that is inspired by the legendary all-time PGA Tour wins leader. Developed using a proprietary recipe developed by Ray Klimovitz, recipient of the 2011 Distinguished Life Service Award from the Master Brewers Association of the Americas, Slammin’ Sam will be offered at renowned resorts, golf courses, restaurants, bars and everywhere beer is sold.
- TaylorMade Ghost Spider S Putter – TaylorMade’s newest putter was released just in time for the holiday season. The next generation of the Ghost Spider makes it easier for players to square the face at impact to start the ball on its intended line and delivers tremendous twist-resistance on the backswing and off-center hits. Its Tour-designed crown flows smoothly into the outer frame for less distraction, while the black and white frame and single white center-line promotes focus, accurate aim and stroke awareness. TaylorMade’s PureRoll Surlyn insert promotes incredibly soft-yet-solid feel and smooth roll off the face. Available 11/1. MSRP $179 – taylormadegolf.com.
- adidas Golf Adipure Motion Shoes – One of golf’s great classic shoes, the adipure motion is 5 ounces less and 23% lighter than the previous adipure model. A state-of-the-art outsole construction frees the foot and body to move in a way it was inherently meant to – from the ground up to the shoulders. The adipure motion features a 7-spike, ultra-light exoskeleton outsole with puremotion technology designed to provide dynamic movement and ultimate flexibility. Available 12/1. MSRP $220; adidasgolf.com
- 2012 Miura Wedges – Miura has been making some of the most beautiful and playable forged irons and wedges in the game for years. The New Wedge Series from Miura, the world’s preeminent maker of quality forged golf clubs, preserves the eternal elements of the “old” Series and adds refinements that make the clubs a pleasure to look at and a joy to play. Now in odd-numbered lofts from 51 degrees through 59, the New Series features redesigned bounce angles that work well with the way thinking players like to play golf.
- Switch Belts – Made of thermoplastic resin, Switch Belts won’t stretch, fade, warp or wear out. You cut them to fit, can clean them in the dish washer and walk through metal detectors as they contain no metal. What I’m trying to say is, Switch Belts are not just good for golf, but for any outfit. In fact, there are 196 possible belt and buckle color combinations to match every outfit in your closet. Belts go for about $30. www.switchbelt.com
- SwingTip – In a market flooded with useless swing aids and devices that make you look idiotic on the practice tee, it’s refreshing to see a device that is neither. The SwingTip is a device that attaches below the grip on your club and transmits information about your golf swing to your iPhone, iPad or Android device for analysis. It will give you a graphical display of your swing path along with information like club head speed, club face angle, swing path, impact zone and tempo. You can also review your swing and/or practice session info later online. MSRP $129 – www.swingtip.com
Don’t forget to “like” our Facebook fan page for unboxing photos, exclusive content and more. Get involved and leave us your feedback or questions!