Hilton Head Island has long been one of the most popular and beloved vacation destinations in the United States, but have you visited the island lately? They are upping their game and ready to impress. Some say Hilton Head Island is too expensive, but if you think that you simply aren’t looking hard enough. While Hilton Head Golf Island offers plenty of upscale, premium golf experiences, there are also some fantastic deals available without having to skimp on quality.
“Spring is the peak season for golfers to visit Hilton Head Island to experience our world-class golf courses, stunning Lowcountry scenery and amazing culinary offerings,” says Cary Corbitt, President of the Lowcountry Golf Course Owners Association and Vice President of Sports and Operations at Sea Pines Resort. “Many resorts have made significant upgrades and improvements – totaling more than $200 million – to both their golf courses and accommodations to make everyone’s golf experience here truly memorable.”
If you are searching for a great value for a buddies golf trip or even a family getaway, you need to take a serious look at Hilton Head Island. Below are just seven reasons why you should visit the Carolina Low Country this spring.
7 Reasons to Visit Hilton Head Island This Spring
- Hilton Head Golf Island’s territory includes over 30 golf courses on and around the island, including championship designs from legendary golf course architects like Jack Nicklaus, Robert Trent Jones, George Fazio and Pete Dye.
- Hilton Head Golf Island’s courses and resorts have earned top 10 rankings in seven categories by Golf Digest, including “Best Buddies Trip Destination,” “Best Accommodations,” “Best Couples Trip,” “Best Courses,” “Best Food and Drink,” “Best Weather” and “Best Value.” Hilton Head Island also was named the International Association of Golf Tour Operators’ Golf Destination of the Year for North America for 2016.
- The PGA Tour stops by Hilton Head Island every spring to play the RBC Heritage at Harbor Town Golf Links. The PGA Tour pros love spending a week on Hilton Head Island. It’s always ranked one of their favorite tournament stops every year.
- Hilton head Island is easy to get to. It’s less than an 8 hour drive up or down I95 for millions of people, and Savanah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) is very convenient for those traveling by air. SAV has daily non-stop flights on JetBlue from Boston and New York City, and Allegiant Air flies non-stop from Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Pittsburgh and others. 14 other locales offer non-stop service to SAV from Chicago, Detroit, Dallas/Fort Worth, Houston, Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
- There’s much more to do than just golf! To start, Hilton Head Island is home to 8 of the world’s top 100 tennis resorts and boasts over 500 public and private tennis courts. Then there’s world class inshore and offshore fishing and boating and kayaking, miles and miles of beaches, bike trails, nature walks and bird watching, plenty of art galleries, shopping and dining.
- The weather is fantastic. You’ll be at the very southern tip of South Carolina, near the Georgia border. With an average low of 57° and an average high of 75°, you are more likely than not to get great weather when you visit. March, April & May are the best months, with average temps in the low 60s to mid 70s.
- It’s not as expensive as you think. In fact, it’s pretty cheap! Take Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort’s “Birdies and Beer Getaway” package for example – Guests enjoy four days/three nights in a two-bedroom villa at the Palmetto Dunes Oceanfront Resort, and three rounds of golf on the resort’s three championship courses: Robert Trent Jones Oceanfront, Arthur Hills and George Fazio. Starting at $180 per golfer/per night, the promotion features breakfast and beers via a resort gift card. Also offered: two hours of court time per day per villa at the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center, range balls, dining and pro shop discounts, and preferred rates and priority access to all resort activities and amenities. $180 per night at a high quality resort like Palmetto Dunes is hard to beat!
For additional information about rates, restrictions and other package inclusions, or to receive a quote, visit: www.hiltonheadgolfisland.com or call (800) 523-3373