Adams Golf continues to come up with impressive looking clubs that perform well. A while back the Adams Idea Pro Black irons and Hybrids came out, and now the latest in the Pro Black series is the CB1 irons. Taking design cues and feedback from their staff of touring professionals, the CB1 irons are forged from 8620 carbon steel and milled to add detail and shape the grooves to the exact 2010 USGA legal dimensions. They also sport Adams’ very popular nickel chromium plated black finish, otherwise known as the black physical vapor deposition (PVD) finish. These new irons are sure to be a hit, bridging the gap between the Idea Pro Black blades and the A7 game improvement irons. They have very classic lines and less offset, so mid to low handicap golfers should love these sticks.
“Originally developed exclusively for our professional staff players like Tom Watson, the overwhelmingly positive comments about the feel and performance of the CB1s from the tour inevitably led us to make this set an integral part of the successful Idea family of irons,” said Chip Brewer, President and CEO of Adams Golf. “This stealth-looking set has already received high marks from golf enthusiasts plugged into the online community so we look forward to bringing the CB1s to low-handicap golfers everywhere who appreciate the control and workability of this forged set of irons.”
The stock shafts for the Idea Pro Black CB1 iron set are the Rifle Project X Flighted steel shaft or the Mitsubishi Rayon Javln FX i95 graphite shaft, available in regular, stiff or extra-stiff flexes. Offered standard in a right-handed 4-GW set configuration, the Idea Pro Black CB1 iron sets begin shipping to golf shops April 15 with a suggested retail price of $899.99 for steel and $1,099.99 for graphite.
We are trying to get a set of these for review, and when we do I’ll be sure to post it! Here’s some more detail and pictures:
- Forged 8620 carbon steel construction provides exceptional feel, performance and feedback for the skilled player.
- A precision milled cavity and precisely located center of gravity deliver a penetrating ball flight
- Each head has milled grooves that comply with 2010 USGA competition requirements while maximizing spin from all playing conditions.
- A thin top line and beveled trailing edge reduces turf interaction, delivering the look and workability in various turf conditions.
- Constant offset throughout delivers seamless performance and control through the entire set.
- Dramatic Ni-Cr plated black finish for a sleek and hot look.
- Rifle Project X Flighted Rifle steel shaft or Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX i95 graphite shaft.
Want to win free stuff? Subscribe to our email updates! You’ll get the latest fresh news, reviews and stories delivered right to your inbox or RSS reader, and automatically be entered in our latest contests and giveaways! Also, don’t forget to check in with our Facebook fan page for exclusive content and get involved by leaving us comments on what you think!