Father’s Day will soon be upon us in North America and it’s always a struggle to find some good gift ideas for dear ‘ol dad. In case you haven’t had a chance to pick anything up for your pops, here are some last minute gift ideas that’ll help make his golf game more enjoyable.
- Bobby Jones – Slipping on my Bobby Jones plaid woven shirt with spread collar takes me back in time to the 1930s, before social media and Xbox. When golf was played by gentlemen with hickory shafts. The good ‘ol days. Trust me, dad will love this shirt. http://shop.bobbyjones.com/BJL54014.aspx
- Qore Performance – Ever hear of arterial cooling? Me neither. But it works! Throw out the usual compression shorts and buy Qore Performance base layers with Personal Arterial Cooling Technology to let you to play harder, faster, and stay in the action longer than ever before.
- Trakline Belts – Kore Essentials brings us a new kind of belt without holes or a crazy price. These ratchet style belts adjust in 1/4″ increments to custom fit any “dad bod” from 24″ to 54″ and look great too. With price points around $50, you can’t go wrong.
- adidas Adipower Boost Golf Shoes – Blending the best of a traditional golf shoe with modern design and spikeless soles, the adipower boost shoes from adidas are very comfy with plenty of heel padding that returns energy to the wearer for those long walks in the park. http://adidasgolf.com/adipower-boost/DW-V3592.html
- Devereux – “Proper threads” is their motto, and they mean it. Contemporary styles and modern fabrics come together in a classic golf lifestyle brand that is at home on or off the course. http://www.dvrxgolf.com/
- TaylorMade R15 Driver – Let’s face it, dad probably wants a new driver. Why not reward his patience in raising you with one of the best performing drivers on the market? The TaylorMade R15 is packed with technology and proven on worldwide professional tours.
- Ping G30 Driver – It’s hard not to like the Ping G30 driver. After all, I think it’s the best driver I’ve hit in 10 years or more. It’s also the best selling driver since it was introduced in July 2014. Nuff said.
- Exotics E8 Tour 3 wood – When it comes to making fairway woods, TourEdge has had a strong cult following for years with their Exotics line of clubs. Not surprisingly, the new E8, E8 Beta and E8 Tour fairway woods carry on that legacy with super hot faces and high performance designs and technology. I put the new E8 Tour 3-wood in the bag without even testing it first and immediately won a golf tournament with it. Talk is cheap and the Exotics are not, but they are worth every penny.
- Nike Vapor Speed fairways – Nike golf has come a long way since signing a young Eldrick Woods back in 1996. The latest offerings are one of their best. The Vapor Speed driver and fairways offer plenty of forgiveness, solid feel and adjustability with a perfect ball flight and spin. The highlighter yellow color scheme is pretty cool also.
- Happy Putter – Want to try something different? Get your dad a Happy Putter! Never before has this much adjustability been offered in a putter. Fully adjustable for loft, lie, weight and offset, the Happy Putter is truly unique and sure to turn heads. We’re working on a complete review for the near future, but you don’t need to wait until then to pull the trigger on this cool new putter!
- DST Golf – DST Golf has come up with a great teaching aid/warmup tool to help achieve the proper impact position for solid iron shots. The Compressor’s curved shaft looks like someone lost their temper and wrapped it around a tree, but it teaches you with instant feedback to lead with the hands on your downswing to produce a descending blow and with the DST Compressor you get instant, repeatable feedback.
- EyeLine Golf – Ever see the PGA Tour guys on the practice green with some kind of mirror with tees poking out of it? The folks at EyeLine golf have been making and handing out those putting mirrors for years, and it really works. Rory McIlroy recently used one to make 55 putts in a row! Will it make your dad putt as well as Rory? Probably not, but it will help for sure.
- Swing Click – A simple and very effective little tool that helps with tempo and timing, the Swing Click device straps to your arm and clicks when you get to the top of your swing, and again when you begin the downswing. If you don’t hear it click at the top, your transition is too fast. It’s helped me and I’m sure it can help your dad slow his golf swing down for more consistency…
- GAME Golf – Game Golf is my favorite golf analytics and teaching tool. I’ve spend lots of time using the device and software, and the data gathered from the many shots and rounds with it have helped with club reviews as well as identifying the areas of my game I need to improve. Dad needs GAME Golf more than he’ll admit.
- Pocket WISP – For the golfer who has everything comes the Pocket Wisp. Don’t you hate it when your fellow competitors gouge their ball out of a bunker and sand goes flying all over the line of your birdie putt? I swear they did it on purpose. Just use the Pocket Wisp to sweep up the debris and you’ll make more putts. Don’t worry – It’s legal!
- All Good Sunscreen – I don’t know about you, but I like to play golf in sunny weather. The problem with the sun is it’ll give you cancer. OK, maybe I’m being a bit dramatic, but you still need to wear sunscreen. Elemental Herbs has a great zinc oxide sunscreen that protects your skin, and the environment. They are 100% GMO Free, Hypo-Allergenic, Gluten Free, Vegan, Non-Nano, PABA Free, Paraben Free and Biodegradeable. I’m not sure what all that means, but I know it’s probably a good thing, and your dad will appreciate that.
- Good Wipes – After sweating it out for 18 holes in the sun, you don’t feel very fresh. Since you probably don’t have time for a shower and change of clothes before hitting the 19th hole, just grab a Good Wipe and freshen up! These man-sizes wipes are perfect for a post-round cleanup. Just wipe down the smelly spots these alcohol free wipes and you’ll feel renewed with hints of Tea Tree Oil, Peppermint, and Ginseng. They’re like an Amex card – Don’t leave home without them!
- SkyCaddie TOUCH – The flagship of the SkyCaddie line of GPS devices, the TOUCH comes with over 35,000 courses pre-loaded and bluetooth connectivity with the free SkyGolf360 app for your phone to keep everything up to date. Even more features are available with annual subscriptions. The SkyCaddie TOUCH is the most comprehensive yardage and course mapping device out there. It’s as close to having a PGA Tour yardage book as you can get.