Boccieri Golf – the company behind Heavy Putter – have announced the expansion of its line of putting tools to include models in three distinct weight classes – HEAVY-, MID- and LITE-WEIGHT Series. To paraphrase the press release – The LITE-WEIGHT Series stems from feedback from players on the PGA Tour, which conveyed a preference for a club that retains the benefits of the Heavy Putter, but on a lighter scale. Featuring a total weight of 600 grams – 100 grams more than standard putters from other leading brands – it is offered in five distinct options. When paired with existing Heavy Putter models – including the 750 gram MID-WEIGHT and 900 gram HEAVY-WEIGHT Series – the new styles provide a putter for every preference.
In addition to the LITE-WEIGHT Series, Boccieri Golf also introduced the new MID-WEIGHT and HEAVY-WEIGHT models in a black PVD finish, with other styles showcasing a silver satin finish. All models feature the company’s system of added overall weight within both the head and grip. This is supposed to cause the body to engage its larger muscles for a consistent swing path, uniform pace, precise distance and directional control, as well as tightening end-over-end golf ball roll.
“It’s been five years since we launched the Original Heavy Putter Series,” says Stephen Boccieri, President and CEO of Boccieri Golf. “In that time, our products have played a key role in victories on all major Tours, received numerous awards and increased market share at a rapid and steady pace. Our patented weight management system helps golfers make more putts and lower their scores. The addition of the LITE-WEIGHT Series brings a new dynamic to the line, making it tremendously accessible to all players.”
The new Heavy Putter models are:
LITE-WEIGHT Series (Total weight: 600 grams; head/back weight: 375/65 grams)
* D1/D3-L – Full-sized, face balanced mallet with high MOI available in a center shaft (D1) or a heel-mounted, double bend shaft (D3) – only in black PVD finish
* M4-L – Traditional flanged blade with heel shaft and long hosel
* N1-L – Toe-droop blade with a center shaft orientation, classic design and two-sided face allows for use by both right and left handed players.
* L3-L – Mid-sized, face balanced mallet with a double bend shaft
* Q2-L – Classic toe-droop blade with a plumber’s neck hosel
MID-WEIGHT Series (Total weight: 750 grams; head/back weight: 400/200 grams)
* D1/D3-M – Full-sized, face balanced mallet with high MOI available in a center shaft (D1) or a heel-mounted, double bend shaft (D3) – only in black PVD finish
* P3-M – Face balanced blade/mallet hybrid with a double bend heel-mounted shaft and square shaped head – only in black PVD finish
* Q2-M – Classic toe-droop blade with a plumber’s neck hosel
HEAVY-WEIGHT Series (Total weight: 900 grams; head/back weight: 465/250 grams)
* D1/D3-H – Full-sized, face balanced mallet with high MOI available in a center shaft (D1) or a heel-mounted, double bend shaft (D3) – only in black PVD finish
* L3-H – Mid-sized, face balanced mallet with a double bent shaft – only in black PVD finish
* P3-H – Face balanced blade/mallet hybrid with a double bend heel-mounted shaft and square shaped head – only in black PVD finish
* Q2-H – Classic toe-droop blade with a plumber’s neck hosel – only in black PVD finish
The MID-WEIGHT and LITE-WEIGHT series putters are available April 1, 2010 and will sell for around $120 USD
Also new for 2010, Boccieri Golf has introduced the Heavy Wedge “Control Series,” including four traditionally designed blade models which incorporate the company’s trademark counterweight technology for what the company claims is superior performance on both full swing and greenside shots.
Want to win free stuff? Subscribe to our email updates! You’ll get the latest fresh news, reviews and stories delivered right to your inbox or RSS reader, and automatically be entered in our latest contests and giveaways! Also, don’t forget to check in with our Facebook fan page for exclusive content and get involved by leaving us comments on what you think!